India is again on the tabletop with 7 wins, most from other teams in this World Cup 2023. India is the only team still left to lose a match, and as an Indian, I would love the Indian team to be undefeated throughout and bring the World Cup Trophy back Home after 2011. India’s whole team, whether it’s the batters side or bowlers, everyone is in form, making India win on a repeatedly beast and gigantic mode.
Team India’s Today World Cup Match Spell
Sri Lanka chose to field first after winning the toss against India, and that’s where today’s spell went so well. If we look forward to today’s scenario, it’s simple to understand how capable our present Indian Team is. Whether chasing or scoring, India repeatedly wins with their utmost team efforts and support.
India, after batting for a whole 50 overs, gave the total target of 357 runs after losing 8 wickets. With a Net Run Rate of around 8 per over, India was batting as if they were here only to smash the Sri Lankan Bowlers, and that’s what we expect from our pride, Team India, to showcase their up-leveled skills against all. Today’s India victory isn’t only depended upon batters but also on the bowlers as well, as they were the pillars of today’s win. As I said, it’s a team effort, and everyone knows how capable our Team India is.
Team India’s ScoreCard
Today was not fortunate enough for our Best Opener and current Indian Team Captain, Mr. Hit-Man Ro-Hit, aka Rohit Sharma, as he got out in 4 runs after hitting an encouraging four against Sri Lanka within the match’s first 2 balls. Unfortunately, just after hitting four on the first ball, on the very second ball, he got bold by bowler Dilshan Madushanka.
Our second-best opener at the current time on the non-striker hand, Mr. Shubhman Gill, has played a very match-winning spell with a total of 92 runs in 92 balls. Unfortunately, he could not complete his Century as he got caught out by Kusal Medis and bowled by Dilshan Madushanka. Gill reportedly hit 11 fours and 2 sixes while taking India’s spell towards the winning.
The next one whose batting took India towards today’s gigantic win is our Hero, our King, our King Kohli, aka Virat Kohli, with a total smashed runs of 88 in 94 balls. Unfortunately, he again was unable to complete his 48 ODI Century as in the lower-paced ball, he was caught out by Pathum Nissanka and bowled by Dilshan Madushanka. Virat Kohli smashed 11 fours, adding up the fortune in India’s scorecard. No problem, King Kohli, we trust you, and you definitely will hit your 48th ODI Century in your upcoming match on 5th Nov and that too, on your Birthday.
Next is our Shreyas Iyer, who is known for his commitment, and today, he stood up firm against Sri Lanka by smashing 82 runs in 56 balls with 6 massive sixes and 3 fours. He was like – Today, I won’t be leaving any boundary for sure. He smashed 4 sixes in one over and another 2 sixes in the second over, taking the scorecard to the next level. Unfortunately, he, too, could not complete his century and ended today’s spell with a catch-out by M Theekshana, who was bowled by Dilshan Madushanka.
K.L. Rahul, too, added his productivity to India’s scorecard with his 2 fours and 21 runs in 19 balls but got caught out by Dushan Hemantha, bowled by Chameera. Next was Surya Kumar Yadav, who didn’t perform well today as per the expectations we all have with him and got out in just 12 runs in 9 balls after hitting 2 fours. He got caught out by Kusal Mendis and bowled by Dilshan Madushanka.
Our Jadeja Sir, aka Ravindra Jadeja, stood up today for contributing to India’s scorecard by smashing 35 runs in 24 balls, with 1 four and 1 six. He was run out on the last ball of India’s inning by Samarawickrama/Kusal Mendis in 49.6’th.
Today’s Match Key-Take Aways –
- India won by a massive 302 runs in the history of ODI cricket. They just shattered the Sri Lankan Team in all ways, whether bowling or batting.
- India is finally in the semi-finals after today’s gigantic win against Sri Lanka.
- Mohammed Shami became the First Bowler in the history of the ODI to take consecutive 5 wickets in 4 matches.
- Mohammed Shami took a massive 5 wickets after delivering only 18 Runs with a 1 Maiden Over from his 5 overs.
- Mohammed Shami took an overall 14* wickets in just 3 matches. This is huge.
- The second Wicket-Taker beast of today’s match was Mohammed Siraj with 3 wickets after delivering 2 Maiden Overs and 16 runs from his 7 overs.
- Our Boom Boom Bumrah, aka Jasprit Bumrah, took 1 wicket after giving only 8 runs and 1 Maiden over in his 5 overs.
- Sir Ravindra Jadeja, under his 0.4 over, took 1 and the last wicket of the Sri Lankan batter after giving just 4 runs and took India towards Victory.
- Mohammed Shami was the Player Of The Match today.
- Today was the 3rd lowest ODI total for Sri Lanka of 55 vs. India, followed by 43 vs. SA in 2012 and 50 vs. India again in Colombo this year in 2023.
- Today was Sri Lanka’s lowest total in the World Cup’s history after shattering completely against India in just 55 runs.
- Dilshan Madushanka seemed to be monstrous today against our Indian batters as he took 5 major wickets, so this must be focused on by our Indian Cricket Team to be ready for every pacer and bowler.
Every Indian’s site is now towards India holding a World Cup 2023 Trophy –
India did so well and has been doing so since World Cup 2023 by continuously winning from 7 matches, and that’s because of the Team’s support and Transparency. Not me, but India’s sight is now on India winning the next match against South Africa on November 6 as South Africa too is in good form it will be a challenging game for India for sure, but yes, the trust in our India will never fade and will always keep on increasing. Also, our Eyes are towards our King Kohli, aka Virat Kohli’s 48th ODI Century, because all want him to complete his 100+ Centuries soon as his total centuries are around 78; he is so close to our beloved God of Cricket & Master Blaster, aka Mr. Sachin Tendulkar’s 100 Centuries.
How was your today’s match experience? Do share with me in the comment box below, as seriously, I am so excited to know about your views, points, and opinions. Also, you can share ideas about the topics you want me to cover. Read my previous Blogs from – My Author Profile and connect with me over Social Media from my only Linktree Link – Siddhant Jain SJ.
See you Soon with my next blog, and now, I’m trying to be more consistent. Take Care.