Cricket is among one of the most favored Sports in India as it’s been played in literally each of the Indian gullies. ICT fans are mad about cricket with whoever India’s match is with; excitement is always at its peak. Today’s rivalry between India and Afghanistan went too high; from the expectation, it was not only a gigantic win for India but also a breaking one. 11-10-2023 Today, India beats Afghanistan by eight wickets and within 35.0 overs.
Smashes by India’s Hitmat Ro-Hit – Rohit Sharma –
Rohit Sharma, 36 years old, is an Indian Cricket Team captain, and he’s the one who heads up towards today’s gigantic win by smashing Afghanistan bowlers with 131 runs in 84 balls. Rohit’s bat was so brutal for Afghanistan’s bowlers that he hit 16 fours and five sixes. Not only this, but Rohit broke the record of Chris Gayle for most sixes by surpassing the Universal Boss and becoming one with around 554 standalone sixes.
Smashes by India’s Ishan Kishan –
Ishan Kishan is India’s young batsman who stood up against Afghanistan with his impressive knock of 47 runs in 47 balls. Unfortunately, he could not complete his half-century but added value to the game while supporting Rohit, the Indian Team Captain, by smashing five fours and two sixes. Ishan Kishan has a bright future in cricket due to his ability to add enthusiasm to the game with his boundaries. In the last match with Australia, Ishan went into the pavilion with a duck; sadly, it was his debut match. But he came more vital than ever and justified himself so well.
Smashes by India’s King Kohli – Virat Kohli –
Nothing is more brutal than Virat Kohli when he is on the crease chasing runs, as he is also known as a run-chaser. He smashed Afghanistan with his addictive 55-not-out runs in 56 balls with six fours and headed India towards victory by ending today’s match with a four. Virat Kohli can tackle and handle stress, which matches his calculations and Bat. Among 31 games where India lost its wickets early and was in the worst phase, Virat made India win 30 games with his majestic Bat, and that’s why we call him King Kohli. He can take India to win from stressed-out games and bring smiles to Indians and cricket enthusiasts.
Smashes by India’s Shreyas Iyer –
Shreyas Iyer is another young Indian Cricket Team Player who not only improvises his batting skills regularly but always stands up for the team and nation’s expectations. With one four and one six, he smashed Afghanistan players with 25 not-out runs in 23 balls and helped King Kohli drive the team toward victory. He has a bright and impressive future if he remains the same in form.
Key-Take Aways of Today’s Match between India and Afghanistan –
As I said, it was a gigantic win for India over Afghanistan; It was obvious that many records would be broken. Let’s look at today’s key takeaways of the match –
- Rohit Sharma Completes his Fifty within 30 Balls.
- The First Wicket Partnership was between Rohit Sharma – The Captain, and Ishan Kishan, 100 Runs in 71 Balls.
- Rohit Sharma completed his 31st ODI hundred in 63 balls.
- Third Wicket Partnership was between Virat Kohli and Shreyas Iyer, and that too with a knock of 50 runs in 43 balls.
- Virat Kohli smashed his 68th ODI fifty in 55 balls.
- Virat Kohli completed the match in his style of smashing a four.
- Virat ended his Rivalry with Naveen, dating back to IPL, with a Hug.
- With today’s victory, India ranks second on the World Cup 2023 points table.
- Today was Boom Boom Bumrah’s day as he restricted Afghanistan batsman within 272 runs with 8 wickets while taking 4 wickets and giving only 39 runs in his 10-over bowling spell.
- The record of the 40-year-old ODI century of Kapil Dev in 1983 against Zimbabwe, and that too in 72 balls, was broken by Rohit Sharma – the Captain today in 63 balls.
- Rohit Sharma is now the only person with the most sixes worldwide, with 554, surpassing Chris Gayle and Shahin Afridi.
- India won with 8 wickets.
As a Cricket Fan and an Indian who has played Cricket since childhood, it’s always a delight to watch our Legend players playing their heart out and taking the game towards our Victory.